Advantage Testing, Inc. respects your privacy and aims to protect the personal information we collect and use as part of our business. Our policy with respect to the information that we collect, use and disclose through this Website (the "Site" or “Website”) is set forth below.
Who is Advantage Testing, Inc.?
Advantage Testing is a group of educators specializing in academic tutoring and test preparation.
The information we collect
We use the personal information you provide us, including your name, email address to send occasional informational emails or to respond to an inquiry you might initiate.
We may also automatically collect other, non-personally identifiable, information each time you visit this Site, including, without limitation:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version and device type and version.
- Usage data and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from this Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages.
- General location information to identify where our audience views the Site from.
Some of the information described above can be collected by us only if you enable them on your hardware or software. For example, it is your option (and under your control) to accept or delete cookies, to enable location information, and to control the information that your browser transmits.
Our purposes for processing your personal data
At this time, the only way we use your personal data is to communicate with you either in response to an inquiry or through our newsletter, which has always been and will continue to be strictly “opt-in” (meaning you must give us your information to be on it).
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data directly from you when you:
- fill out a newsletter subscription form,
- enquiry form,
- when you email us directly
How we use your personal data
We primarily use your personal data to send you our email newsletter if you subscribe to it and to, on occasion, respond to an enquiry that you might initiate.
We may also share information
- with our data processors and partners, for example, Animus Rex (our Website partner), SendGrid (the email transmission service for our newsletter); Google Gmail (our business email provider) Google Cloud Platform (our secure cloud hosting service), all of which are required to enable the Website’s smooth operation as well as our business functions.
- with lawful third parties or authorities for the purpose of preventing fraud and spam activity or if personal information is requested as part of a lawful investigation.
We do not share your personal data with any other third party and do not sell information for advertising or promotional purposes.
Retaining your personal data
We will retain your data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation, or where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes, and until you notify us to delete your data.
Your individual privacy rights
You have the right to object to how we process your personal data. You also have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. You can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal data or ask for some of your personal data to be provided to someone else. These rights are explained in more detail below.
Requests to exercise your rights to your personal data can be made using the inquiry form on our contact page.
If you are an EU Citizen, you have these rights:
- To be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your data and your rights. We fulfill this right by giving you this notice.
- Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw and opt-out: You may unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking here
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your personal data by us.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
- Erasure: This is also known as “the right to be forgotten” and this means that you can ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent (where applicable), or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it or otherwise using it. There are limited exceptions, for example where we need to use the information to bring or defend a legal claim.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred. This is limited to personal data you have provided with your consent or in relation to the products you have with us, and which we process by automated means, such as your account transaction data.
- You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where: it is inaccurate; you have asked for it to be erased; you have objected to our use of it; or where you need this for the bringing or defending of legal claims.
- When you have asked us to restrict the use of your personal data we may still store your information but will not use it further without your consent, unless we need to process it: to bring or defend legal claims; to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals; or for other important public interest reasons.
Please note that though not all privacy laws are as strict as the EU GDPR, we will generally extend these concepts of privacy and transparency to all users since we feel that privacy is important.
Please also note that the only private data we control and process is the information you’ve given us, which is typically your name and email address – or a note if you’ve sent us an inquiry. We do not store or track any other personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us with your request using the form on our contact page.
Transmission of Information via the internet
Although we use encryption (https) on our Website, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Site; any transmission is AT YOUR OWN RISK. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Upshot: The cookies we use on www.advantagetesting.com do not contain any information that personally identifies you and we do not manually or programmatically link cookie identifiers with the personal information stored in our system. The cookies we set are used to track if a user is logged in or not and also for anonymous web traffic analysis.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a Website and identify users returning to a Website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We currently set the following cookies:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics – the web analytics service provided by Google Inc. The Google Analytics cookies track activity on this Site but do not collect personal information about you. Rather, usage information is stored in aggregate and we use it to see trends and patterns, so we can optimize your user experience.
You may disable scripts run by Google Analytics to the extent that your browser and associated programs provide such functionality. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all Websites, visit this Website: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google’s privacy and compliance policies are available at: https://privacy.google.com
Session ID: This is a temporary session cookie used to track whether traffic is logged in or out of this Site. Session ID cookies do not collect personal information about you and are deleted when you close your browser.
This Website is owned and operated by Advantage Testing, Inc.
210 East 86th Street, Suite 601
New York, New York, 10028